My good friend Laura invited me onboard to bid for a website redesign project for California FarmLink.
The purpose of the project was to streamline the presentation of its current look and optimize the site for fully bilingual (English-Spanish) content, with the intention to improve the user experience, increase site traffic, & strengthen appeal to potential donors.
I led the end-to-end ux design process, while Laura led the client management, style guide, and implementation into webflow.
The scope of my portion of the project was to deliver competitive research across features & UI, three user personas, a new sitemap, and a high fidelity wireframes/prototype of the new site within three months.
We delivered upon our scope on time using weekly client standups as well as a notion library to track our progress and integrate client feedback.
The most important deliverable was the new sitemap - defining core entry and exit points for our three users.
We completed a full site audit and outlined areas of improvement for key user task flows. We re-bucketed and named our navigational terms through user interviews and simple terms that could easily be translated into Spanish.
Once we finalized a sitemap with the client, we completed a full content audit of the site, and restructured our new pages using content blocks that I pulled from a UI kit to speed up time.
Through the use of a simple brand guidelines & styled components we produced:
1. A high fidelity interactive prototype in Figma for the client to use as a visual reference rewriting the copy of the site &
2. A staging site for multi-team reviews
While producing this level of a prototypes takes time it was necessary for two reasons:
1. The client copy document was over 30 pages (yikes!) - so having a prototype made it easy to call out areas of attention with the color green &
2. There are multiple stakeholders on the client side, so being able to share the prototype across different teams kept feedback concise